Sunday, January 25, 2009

Some other things happened, besides the visit by President Clinton

Hi All-

Last week wasn't that special, just working and going to the gym, so I think I will still write about the week before. Besides the big visit from President Clinton, many other things happened.

On the morning of his visit, I had already scheduled a testing day in a small village just outside Abuja called Kobi. This was done in partnership with a small NGO called the Children Under 5 Initiative. It was a big success, 140 people where tested, 100 children and 40 adults.

Look at all the kids so well lined up to go to the clinic.















Here I am with the head of the Children Under 5 Initiative.















Also, that day a small grant I am managing was being implemented. It involved training people to help the doctors to get more people tested and retain the patients that are already on treatment. Check it out, this is in Kano, where I am right now:
So, it wasnt all just work. We took out some people who were from the Clinton Climate Initiative who were in town. I took them to a place I like that has live music and dancers. As you can see, I learned a new was to drink a beer and kinda became part of the entertainment as well. Grandma, please don't print out these pics for Grandpa...
So I am in Kano State right now and that is what next week's post will be all about, there are already some great pictures. Hope you liked it.

No comments: