Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Updates

Cycling

AIDSRide-I did a 40 mile training ride last Saturday, and an additional 14 mile round trip to the ride.  This was hard.  I am now considering toe clips or clipless pedals.  I need to make sure to eat more in the morning.  I was exhausted for the rest of the day.  I am doing good on fundraising, but still need a $150 more.

West Town Bikes class- I am halfway through the 8 week bike course about all components of the bikes.

Tricycle- Here is the old tricycle I got.  It will be good for hauling vegetables and for people who don't ride 2 wheelers to ride around the park.




GARDEN

Monarch Garden is doing fine.  The seedlings seem to have taken hold and some of the seeds are already sprouting...






VOLUNTEERING

BOMF- I just signed up for a new race called Ragnar to support Back on My Feet.  It is a huge relay over 2 days to run 197 miles combined from Madison to Chicago.  Each person runs 3 legs for a total of 13 to 20 miles each. http://www.ragnarrelay.com/race/Chicago

 

No comments: